Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

.i'm not worthy.


the past couple of weeks have been bad. this morning was not so great.
a little before lunch time a folded up piece of paper was slipped into my hand.
a little kiss on my cheek. 
and she whispered, "this is a rainbow note. rainbows make everything better."
then she simply walked away.
i opened it up.  
DeaR MOMMY,
I LOVe YOU SO MUch.
I HOPe YOU FeeL BeDRR.
she knows all caps means you are for realz. she saves it for special notes.
but she knows you shouldn't use all caps - hence the mix. 
how did i get a daughter like this? i'm not worthy.

best part was - i was able to 100% honestly tell her that her rainbow note made mommy feel better.
her reaction was awesome - biggest smile ever.
i hate how this stinking ppd is rocking her world, but it's little moments like this that make it worth it.
i get to see glimpses of the person she is.
no one told her to write me a note.
she's going to be that kicking friend who makes her friends cry due to her thoughtfulness.
she sticks by you even when you're a mess.
she freely forgives.
my daughter is a freaking rockstar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment