Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

.yo, can you just get me a bottle already.

labor & delivery were standard for a 4th baby. nothing crazy less my reaction to the epidural. nothing like that happened before, but all's well that ends well, right?
the nurse (her name was hope) was so sweet & supportive. she seriously rocked.
UNTIL...
she told me to nurse.
"i'm not nursing. could you bring some similac bottles please?"
oh, hello mr. hyde. what's up?
girl changed on a dime.
"what do you mean you're not nursing?"
"i'm not nursing."
"why not? don't you know that's what is good for your baby?"
"for a number of reasons i'm not nursing."
"haven't you heard of the 'breast is best' campaign?"
"no." (said in a major snarky tone)
"oh, well it's a campaign..."
"i was being sarcastic. of course, i've heard of it. i'm not nursing. can you get me some bottles please?"
"you should really nurse. it's what's best for your baby. even one day of nursing can be the difference." yadda, yadda, yadda.
good freaking grief.
if this was my 1st baby i would've apologized, repented & nursed right then and there. but it wasn't my 1st baby - it was my 4th & women like this piss me off. a nurse being like this was sending me over the edge into angry land. i started feeling like the hulk.
"i said i'm not nursing. for our family bottle feeding is our choice. bottles are what is best for us. all our other 3 girls were bottled fed. can you please bring me some bottles please?"
"you didn't nurse any of your children?!? bottles are not what is best for your baby." yadda, yadda, yadda.
and with that she left.
oh, that was helpful. i feel like an awesome mom.
(insert all sorts of words i shouldn't use)

No comments:

Post a Comment